Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nelson and Rokita Debate

The one and only 4th District Congressional debate was held last night on the Purdue campus, featuring Democrat Tara Nelson and incumbent Republican Todd Rokita. In the debate Nelson spoke of keeping US jobs at home: "As a manager, when I was asked to offshore my team, I created a business case to keep their jobs here. I think we need more people fighting for our jobs here and that's what I intend to do." on the subject of college debt, Nelson spoke against interest on loans: "We also need to eliminate tax interest rates from our student loans. We're making money off of our future, and I think we need to look at education as an investment in our entire country."

WLFI coverage is here and Exponent coverage is here.

You can hear excerpts or the entire debate on WBAA's site here.