Saturday, January 26, 2013

Daniels Won't Lobby for Purdue This Budget Cycle

Purdue President Mitch Daniels has decided not to lobby on behalf Purdue during the current session of the General Assembly. “I think in some time, the point will come when it is appropriate. I don’t think it is essential that I be here. And since it is not, I think there are some reasons to let at least one season go by," Daniels said. The former governor is being sensitive to concerns about "revolving door" rules, though these are considered not to apply in this situation. Sheila Klinker thinks it's a good idea anyway: “I think that was a wise decision for Daniels. The legislators are asked to wait a year before they tend to lobby out in the hall or be here. I think it is going to make President Daniels more comfortable when he does come here.” You can read more here.