Monday, February 25, 2013

Ohio Gov. Kasich Pushes for Medicaid Expansion

An important factor in the Affordable Health Care Act's ability to cover more Americans with health insurancwe is the expansion of Medicaid. While Indiana Governor Mike Pence is fighting with the feds about allowing Indiana to expand the Healthy Indiana Program instead of Medicaid, Ohio's conservative governor John Kasich is urging his Republican dominated legislature to allow the Medicaid expansion, and for very good reasons: “And I’ve got to tell you, I can’t look at the disabled, I can’t look at the poor, I can’t look at the mentally ill, I can’t look at the addicted and think we ought to ignore them.” Kasich is as conservative a governor as we have, and he's found biblical reasons to provide his state with significant federal dollars to support Medicare expansion. Maybe Gov. Pence is reading a different translation.

Read more about Gov. Kasich's biblically-based decision on Medicaid expansion here.