Monday, August 17, 2015

Tallian Withdraws from Governor's Race

Today Rep. Karen Tallian announced that she was dropping her bid for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination. Tallian's official statement said:
“After much consideration, I am announcing my withdrawal as a candidate for the Democratic Party’s nomination for Governor. My congratulations go out to John Gregg, and I support his efforts to lead this state.

I am humbled by the welcome I received from all corners of the state over the last few months. I will continue to build on my decade of experience as a state senator, fighting to ensure equal rights, well-paying jobs, and quality education for all Hoosiers. I want to extend my heartfelt thank you to all of my supporters for your belief in a more progressive Indiana.”
John Gregg released the following statement about Tallian: “Karen Tallian has been, is and will continue to be a true champion for working Hoosiers – and I am proud to call her my friend. I look forward to standing with her in the years ahead to improve our schools, rebuild our infrastructure and create an economy that works for all workers.” Gregg is currently the only Democrat seeking the nomination.